February 8, 2012

Night skiing

Chased by the moon!
After weeks of cancellations due to sub zero temps, I've been enjoying taking Willa to her Junior Nordic ski class.  She goes 2 nights a week.  One night I volunteer to help with her group and the other night I ski off on my own...hard and exhilarated...covering lots of trail.  Miles is able to join sometimes and it's wonderful....  The trails are lighted, but I love the feeling of being ....enveloped..in the dark trees around me.  The moon was HUGE and bright last night, following us on the trails.

HEAR:  Acoustic Stephen Stills weaving in and out of the bustle of the Middle Way Cafe......LOVE

SEE:  Unnervingly bare cafe walls ...devoid of the usual art...needing to be filled...giving me vertigo...call me, Keren, I have work to hang!

SMELL:  The strong organic Ethiopian coffee in my warm mug...

TASTE:  My chocolate chip, coconut, sour cream Middle Way scone....my new love.

FEEL:  ALIVE due to many aches from wiping out on these last few skis!