November 14, 2008

May I introduce you to...

Those of you who have been around this blog for awhile may remember me mentioning my friend, Nature Lady, the Sewing Master and She of the "O" family. Nature Lady has recently started a blog and I recommend that you check it out!


Some great stories, info and insight from a mother of three (ages 11, 14 and 21), a prolific crafts-woman(Quilting, rubber stamping, fiber art, paper art, knitting and much more)a gardener and Naturalist heading up our local Nature Center, and wife of The Prof, Alaska's official State Climatologist and university Meteorology Professor.



A couple experts:


Time "Sometimes I feel like I never have enough TIME. It seems to be slipping away from me (like in Salvador Dali's Persistence of Memory painting)


Despite my most valiant efforts to "manage" it. But time management is just an illusion -- it marches on, no matter what I do. I certainly cannot control the march of time itself -- all I can hope to do is to wisely use the time that I do have. My problem is that I expect to do way too much...This reminds me of a passage in Antoine St.Exupery's The Little Prince.He meets an inventor with a pill that replaces the need to drink water. He says, "Computations have been made by experts. With these pills, you save fifty-three minutes in every week."The little prince asks him, "What would I do with those fifty-three minutes?" "Anything you like...""As for me," said the little prince to himself, "if I had fifty-three minutes to spend as I liked, I should walk at my leisure toward a spring of fresh water."


An Old Lady on aging- "I'm getting to be an OL (Old lady), at least that's what I gather from the media. Together with the ads for anti-wrinkle cream and hair dyes, I read an article in this morning's paper that if you're over 40, you're an OL, "you are a faded rose, desiccated fruit. A goner... You don't have an edge.

...Sometimes it seems to me that America, and perhaps the West as a whole, seems to be getting shallower and shallower. While professing that we believe in equality (gender, race, etc), deep down we don't seem to really practice it. In November, this country will elect a new president, and my sincere hope is that the American people can elect a capable & qualified leader, and not be swayed by looks, race, or other superficial things. In November, I will celebrate my birthday with family and friends who accept me as I am!"


Take a stroll over there and say "Hi"!

3 comments:

denise said...

My husband lived in Germany and is a native German speaker (mother from German, father German teacher). I'm learning, but I'm pathetic as I spent too many years learning French and Italian and German just does not compute with my brain. What interesting jobs they have! :) Thanks for the link...

denise said...

Need to proofread my stuff, eh? German(y). ;)

Naturelady said...

WOW -I'm speechless!
What a sweet post. DANKESCHOEN for your kind words ( which I hope to deserve at least a little bit...)
Now I better get to writing something again, esp. since I've been so busy and gone on a trip... but as you yourself said in your blog: it's important to stay true to oneself.

And on that note, thank your for YOUR blog -- you're my inspiration and teacher, and learned from the best. Would you teach me how you do the revolving pictures for "Life thru my lens"?