December 20, 2009

Woman's day

Last week my friend, Nature Lady, hosted a crafting and cookie exchange at her house. It had been awhile since I was able to attend one of these lovely get-togethers and this female-infused creative chat time was something I really needed! And this time, I actually got something done! What usually happens is that I scramble to get all my crafting paraphernalia in the car and by the time I get to Nature Lady's house I realize I've forgotten some key component in the making of the particular craft that I'm working on. Like the sewing machine.

I was totally thrilled with myself for making alot of headway on the crayon roll I'm making for Lo. I SUCK at sewing-both hand and machine- so this was BIG for me! And so nice to accomplish this in my friend's warm home among other like-minded mamas, hearty soup, sinful cookies, and good conversation. It hearkens back to an older time when things were simpler, more in tune with the natural, and more connected.

And here I sit on the couch plugged into my new laptop. As much as I LOVE it and can't wait to really take my photography to the next level with it, I think I'll put it away for now. (For the vulgarly decadent Chocolate Star recipe, buy the latest Better Homes and Garden's Ultimate Cookies.) Off to bake more cookies and enjoy the new 23 inches of snow we have!

Outside...unplugged.