May 8, 2010

Happy 6th Birthday, my love!!!!

And Happy Mother's day to all you mommies!!!!

What better Mother's Day gift then a beautiful healthy 10 pound butterball baby, huh?!?!?!? Yep....6 years ago today I was a-squeezin' her out!!! How breathtakingly fast it all goes...from that not-so-tiny warm nursling to a T A L L, bright, precocious, creative kindergartner. Still tutu clad and hoping for an EXCAVATOR for her birthday. I acquiesced and went to the "regular" toy stores(let's face it, I don't think they make wood ones that work and last in a sandbox-but correct me if I'm wrong!) in search for one of those big metal Tonka Truck excavators that we got dirty with outside when we were kids. They don't make 'em anymore, Dear Readers. All you can find are small plastic construction vehicles that make all the sounds and movements FOR you. Un-friggin'-believable. I HATE mainstream toy stores, by crotchety, let me TELL you!!!!

So, I hope she will love her real bonafide ballet tutu, and the knit mohair kitten and prairie dress that I got yesterday at the Waldorf May Faire. Since yesterday we spent the day at the May Faire and today is Mother's Day, next weekend is her "kid" birthday party with her friends. We'll have games, and make hula hoops and get wild in yard...hoping for a warm and sunny day! For today, we'll celebrate Mommy and Lo just the 4 of us at home. (Here's a link to my adaptation of the Rainbow Bridge story that I made for Lo 2 years ago)


UPDATE: She wore the tutu and played with her kitty ALL DAY!!!! How wonderful that this simple little kitten can elicit such joy, love, and imagination!!!!