August 14, 2011

Living Strong: Pierced probosci!

Well, living strong, we definitely came out of our comfort zones last night.....Dylan and I got our noses pierced!

It's something we'd talked  about doing together for over a year.  (I've wanted to pierce my nose for 20+ years)  I spent some time googling all things nose piercing...checking out YouTube vids, the good and bad, to familiarize myself with the whole thing.  Last weekend, after a bike ride in Anchorage, the girls and I stopped by a bodypiercing place to ask questions, make sure they where reputable, and to just alleviate some fear by getting to know the place.  Since this weekend Miles and Willa are on a Daddy/daughter camping trip at Skilak Lake, Dylan and I figured it would be a good time for a Mommy/Daughter nose piercing!  So we took the plunge last night and headed down to Body Piercing Unlimited.  Our piercer, Charlie was a nice guy-thorough but good to talk to.  Mommy went first....the worst part?  The week of ANTICIPATION leading up to the piercing!!!!    The actual act was quite quick and I would not describe it as pain at all.  A few seconds of a little pinch, just a bit uncomfortable, and then it's done.  No problemo.  It was pretty funny though, he put a metal tube in my nose for the needle to go into-as opposed to his finger or my septum, etc.-got the needle positioned, told me to take a deep breath and on the exhale, BOOP, needle goes through.  Then he turned away for something and here I am thinking it was done!  WOW, thinks I.  THAT was SO fast!  I turn to Dylan to show off my nose, eyebrows raised questioningly-looks good?!?!  Dylan's giving me this WEIRD look and I think, uh oh, does it look stupid or something?  I turn my head the opposite way to look in the mirror there and I have this big long needle sticking into the top of my nose and hanging out the bottom!  YIKES!  Charlie had only turned to get my stud ready to put in!  Eh...ya had to be there, it was comical.  I'm such a dork!  The big bummer was that they wouldn't allow us to video or take pictures.  :(  But.... I am so happy with my little nose diamond!
Dylan was next.  I held her hand and she was done. She picked a pretty light blue stone and she looks ADORABLE!  So grown up.  I'm glad we did this together!  There's no one else I would  rather have had there doing this with me.  She is such a fun and delightful kid!