December 1, 2011

Something wicked this way comes...

A kick-ass homebrewed chocolate bock is gettin' borned in the garage!
Over the summer when Miles was on a daddy/daughter trip with Willa, I helped myself to a lone bottle of Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock that I found on the food shelf in the garage.  DIVINE!!!!  Full and rich and smooth and chocolaty fuckin' chocolateness and, and...
And as far as I can see, unless SANTA wants to fill my stocking with some, the SA stuff only comes in one of those holiday variety packs which I'm not going to buy for just the 2 bocks inside. So I've brewed my own damn batch, Sam!!!   - under Miles's supervision since it's been a few years since I've brewed.   
So my 5 glorious gallons of liquid mana of the gods is happily bubbling away. This weekend we rack it to the secondary...and then more tortuous waiting. It's looking like January or February before I can crack that first one open....
Miles's Road Rash IPA.   Named after my wipe out on the road while running on ice.  Love you hunny, ya little shit!

Bottling his IPA.  His magic wand broke after 15 years of use.  Cuz he's a wise-ass and karma's a bitch.

After we bottled the IPA I started on the Chocolate Bock.  Busy beer day!


Oh, HELLS yes.  I keep waiting to see the glutinous fat kid emerge and get sucked up Willy Wonka's tube.