December 17, 2013

Yay! My Birthday Days!

44.......feh.

Anyhoo, the only thing NOT fantastic about my birthday this year?  It fell on a Wednesday, Dylan wasn't here, and we had already cut down our Christmas tree a week or two prior when Dylan was home.  Other then that, a very great 2 days!  On my actual birthday,  Miles and I took off work and spent the day at Willa's school helping the kiddos bake all things delicious and holiday-like to supplement their fractions unit!  I LOVED it!  We made vegan cup cakes, gingerbread folks, buckeyes, pumpkin pies and pecan pies.  The next day we came back and helped them divvy up the yummies, make icing, decorate their stuff using fractions and clean up.  I was amazed and so proud of how natural Miles was with those kids when it came addressing the class and talking about math.  It was like he was meant for a classroom-at least when it comes to math.  He was relaxed, fun, knowledgeable and truly seemed to enjoy himself.  I really lament the fact that his chance to return to school later in life to pursue a degree in education or engineering was ripped out from under him.  While we would not be as well off financially....I know his heart would be full to the brim at the head of a classroom.

It was a lovely way to spend my day......and Miles and I topped it off that night at Crush Wine Bar and Bistro.  I enjoyed a flight of Italian wine...to get primed for Italy!

Busy and happy hearts and hands

yum!

A little pre-dinner shopping at Nordstroms.  Just say NO to this shirt.

The Classico was FABULOUS!!!!
 
Cheers


This mac with a kick is to die for!!!!

For the weekend portion of my BDay, we celebrated on Saturday.  Miles made crepes with a nice choice of fixin's- lemon curd, chocolate syrup, peanut butter, maple syrup, powdered sugar, etc.  I had s'meach.  Later I napped it off while Miles and Willa made a huge batch of butter spritz cookies.  It was nice to get some cozy couch time and snuggles with Willa.  Once my crepe and cookie hangover subsided, we worked a little of it off on a snowshoe in the woods down to the river.  We stomped a new trail, singing carols, making up winter haikus, and goofing around. 

For din-din we made my once yearly allowance of Steak-um sandwiches.  Junky, terrible, delicious, horrid comfort food.  Damn straight.  A movie and Ben and Jerry's for dessert.  It's good to be the mildly ripening Birthday girl.
 



 
Chatting....planning....dreaming.....
 
Fukinlovem
 
 
Gentle white snowfall
Blankets our twilight journey
Woods and wonder. Home.