March 24, 2012

Doh! My Toe!

FEEL:  Methinks I broke my toe.  Right foot, 4th toe, distal phalanx.  It happened when I was overcome by someones over-the-top, Wasillabilly, Snooki style poof hairdo at work.  I walked into a chair.  I also walked into a door jam later in the day while talking to a client.  Weeeeeee!



SMELL:  Candy by Prada.  I think I may have found my new perfume.  I glommed a tester from Nordy's yesterday and spritzed some on this morning.  I'm not into the whole Pink Sugar, sickly sweet cake and icing fragrances, but this is just plain sex on the wrist.  The top notes don't blow my mind but after about a half hour a musky caramel/vanilla/Benzoin comes out...mmmmmm.

TASTE:  Miles and I tested one of my chocolate bocks- BOCKAHOLIC- out on the sunny deck.  It's been in the bottle a month now.  I'm a little bummed at the sparsity of head and the minimal chocolaty-ness I'm tasting.  I was hoping for stronger but am only detecting the vanilla and choc on the finish.  As far as bocks go, it 'taint bad and has a very nice roasted flavor and full mouth feel.  But as a chocolate lovers dream?  Eh.  We'll wait a couple of weeks to compare it to a bottle of the Sam Adams Chocolate Bock.

SEE:  My daughters kibitzing on the deck in blankets and sunglasses.

HEAR:  A friggin awesome live Lynyrd Skynyrd CD......One More From the Road.  I'm a moderate  Lynyrd fan, but goddamn!  This is tight and crankin'!