October 21, 2008

Juxtaposed

"Oh, yeah?!?!"




"YEAH!"

So, I've given up-in a sense-on my other blog, FLUXGRAPHIA. I've imported those posts over here-mostly according to the dates that they were written. But a few of the others I will just post in the next week.

Fluxgraphia was my original blog that i started up while trying to come to terms with my ADD and finding the humor in it. I've kept it separate from this blog because it was a more raw expression of myself and I was worried about offending people. Since then I've come to the conclusion that separating the two defies the MAIN reason why I started blogging. To express myself via this medium, for a myriad of reasons. I wasn't posting much in it at all especially since I started the 3rd, political blog.

My blog was for keeping more consistent in journaling and as way to get my thoughts and ideas organized, a release for feelings and an impetus for greater artistic creativity. A month or so after starting MOUNTAINPULSE, I found that there were other aspects of blogging that I enjoyed, such as LEARNING so much from others, having an opportunity to possibly edify some people as well, and the social aspect of blogging with like-minded folks!-It can get lonely in a RED state! But I’ve come to find that I do feel obligated to blog often and I’m writing less and less for myself anymore. So, I'm taking the time to really re-think the whole blog thing, why I started, and what I want it to be for ME.

So, in an attempt to bring my blogging back to what I had originally envisioned, I've married the two blogs here and will no longer be censoring myself-that's not who I am. Not that I'm going to go off on a blazing expulsion of vulgarity(not everyday, at least! ;) but I need to be more true to who I am. If the time I spend blogging is not enriching who I am, then it is time wasted. Time not being with my family.

Don't get me wrong! I'm still blogging, but it may be more seldom until I get back to basics and re-program myself!

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Be true to yourself. Doesn't matter if NO ONE reads your blog as long as it is doing what you want it to do for YOU.

That being said, you'll always have plenty of readers (myself included) who love your style of writing, be it censored or uncensored.

:)

Sharon said...

I agree with Tammy and will always be reading even if seldom commenting. :)

Anet said...

You go girl! It's your world, we just visit!:)

Sara said...

Write whatever your heart desires. I'll still be here! That's what friends are for. :)

dawn klinge said...

I agree with what everyone else said. I read your blog because I like your style...stay true to who you are.

Anonymous said...

I think part of the reason I like reading your blog(s) is that you do go off on vulgar rants sometimes, which I just can't do! It's refreshing and funny.

Blogging should definitely not be a waste of time, or false. Do what feels right.

yellowdoggranny said...

"I've kept it separate from this blog because it was a more raw expression of myself and I was worried about offending people. "


Oh, my dear...that's the fun of having a blog...offending people...don't worry about it..just say what works for you and I'm sure we're figure it out...

Naturelady said...

Your MOUNTAINPULSE blog is what introduced me to the world of blogs. Knowing you & your family personally, I first I started just following what’s happening, then got into reading lots of other people’s blogs, opening a whole new world: Blogs sure are interesting beasts: part personal journals, part public accounts!

Different bloggers write for a variety of reasons and audiences, something I did not understand at first – I took rants at face value – thought that strong language was an invitation/ challenge for readers to respond likewise…
I only started my own blog recently (thanks for your encouragement & help!!!) And I’m starting to see what a challenge it is to define what exactly the purpose of one’s blog is. I’m personally blogging to keep family & friends far away updated on our life, esp. given how lousy I’ve been at keeping in touch. But I can already see how complex this gets: my dad in Germany and my daughter in college, my husband’s skiing buddy, are already showing the blog to all kinds of people that I’ve not necessarily had in mind writing for – I worry, will they be critical, get offended about political remarks I make? Does it matter?
So in my own blogging I try to keep “true to myself”, and although I feel I have every right to express my opinions, frustrations, etc, I do need to keep it honest & civil. The rule I made for myself in emailing and blogging is to never publish anything in anger, and never say anything about any person that I would not be willing to say straight to their face. I’ve made that mistake and regret it.

Therefore I want to thank YOU for writing & keeping us posted on what’s going on in your life (and Alaska politics). I enjoy reading your posts – you’re funny and are such a creative person, and I found that I’ve gotten to know you better through your post, complimenting the “you” I know in person. I do hope you continue blogging – in whatever form works for you. Because, ultimately, you’re your own blog’s BOSS!