October 27, 2008

THE ULTIMATE DATE NIGHT!!!

5 DAYS IN NEW YORK CITY WITH MY HUBBY!!!!!!!!!!

Huz and 8 other agents have earned themselves a trip to the New York Life home office in NYC! Significant others are welcome to come as well, so back to the city I go! We leave late Halloween night-after tucking the kids in at our friends house and return late Wednesday night.

I.AM.STOKED. Many hours on a plane seems wonderful to me now! To sit with my hubby and talk and cuddle, watch movies, maybe even read a whole book!-and not have to entertain or be responsible for anyone for mucho hours....blissful. No offense to my kids-the other half of me is TERRIFIED to leave them-but Mom and Dad do deserve some special alone time!

Walking the town at night, eating the eats, a party cruise on the Hudson, and who knows where we'll be when they announce Obama as Prez!! Hopefully drinking a "Sarah Palin Cocktail"!!

SQueeeeeeeeeee!!!! I can't wait! So to spread the excitement....It's NYC schmunsky time again!!! Leave me a comment-make me laugh-and on Friday I'll pick a winner from the random name generator and some lucky someone gets a little prezzy from NYC!


*Photo found via Google Images

10 comments:

Anet said...

Lucky girl! Well I won last time and I was the first to leave a comment then so... if I win again then good for me! Dang it,if you get to go to NYC twice then I deserve to win twice!!
I know how it feels about leaving the kids and being torn in two. I have to go to Los Vegas and I'm dreading it!
Hey, did you vote early? You better have!

Kelly Kilmer said...

Huge congrats!! I am itching to go to NYC!!! I am missing the East Coast right now!!!!!

Tammy said...

"Mom and Dad do deserve some special alone time!".....yes they do, and especially you! Have a wonderful, wonderful time with your hubby. :)

RunninL8 said...

I voted last week!!!!!

dawn klinge said...

That is so cool! I'm excited for you and hope you have a great trip. I don't think I've ever had five days with my husband sans kids since they were born- but I'm definitely ready for something like that. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Good Lord! That's a date week. I don't think I'd know what to do with myself for an entire week "off".

Oh yeah: sleep.

And maybe other bed-related stuff...

;-)

RunninL8 said...

Anthro-oh, yes!

yellowdoggranny said...

i hope you and hubby have some hot new york city sex.

denise said...

Oh, good for you! I've been craving some city again too. SOunds like a blast!

Katie said...

Well I'm not sure I know your style, but my favorite book is The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, and really anything by her is amazing, that one is a little heavy and somewhat depressing, it made me bawl, but I kind of like that in a book. Also, her book Animal Vegetable Miracle: A Year of Food Life is really cool, about her family's project at only eating local food for a year. The Time Traveler's Wife is really good, as is A Wediing in December by Anita Shreve, and Killing Yourself to Live: 85% of a True Story by Chuck Klosterman is really really really funny, a guilty pleasure. Alright, I'll stop with the library commercial now:)