February 2, 2009

WARDROBE MALFUNCTION!



7-ish PM

Despite being sick, I had a swell time at the dance/auction. I LOVED my dress! Except for the part where the zipper got stuck. Yeah.

I got to our hotel room with plenty of time to shower and get ready. I held off on putting my dress on until about 10 before we were supposed to meet up with everyone for cocktail hour. I slip into my dress, zip up the back, and it catches midway. I attempt to twist the dress around a bit so that I can see what's going on and I notice that right above the zipper pull, about 1 inch of the zipper is separated from the fabric. That bitch won't go up any farther. And she won't go DOWN, either. So I'm basically stuck in that dress-there's no taking it off unless I just rip myself out of it. And there's no way that the thing can just stay that way! Trying not to panic I go out into the room to tell Huz.

"Zipper's stuck".

"WHAT?!?!?"
"There's a rip and the zipper won't go up or down." ~sniff~

Huz spends the next few minutes dinking with it to no avail. I'm trying not to cry and screw up my make-up. After a few more minutes of total panic on both our parts, a call to alterations at Nordstroms("You come down here we try to fix but no time no guarantee"), and a call to the front desk, I'm all stomping my foot,"It's NOT fair!", Huz says,"I'll fix it, honey. I'll make this ok. I'll get some thread and just sew you into it!"

"WHAT?!?!?!"

Well, he did and it worked!

My hero! I didn't think I would be able to dance or even sit but his work held through the evening and fun time was had by all!



Proceeds of the auction go to Special Olympics.


At the end of the night Huz actually had to get a pocket knife and cut me out of the thing!


1-ish AM

I'll post more pics of the usual New York Life shenanigans when I get back. We're taking off to Florida for a few days. Warm sand betwixt our toes-here we come!


12 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hilarious!!

Kind of. :/

lol - I'm so glad it turned out okay!!!
Have soooooo much fun with that twixting.

Sara said...

YAY for the Huz!!!! So glad you had a fun evening!

Sara said...

PS... you looked beautiful.

Anet said...

Whew!!! you had me worried. I'm glad it all turn out. Have fun in sunny Florida...lucky!!!

julie said...

You looked wonderful. Your hero to your rescue!

denise said...

Oh - that photo on the bottom is the best ever. Looks like you had fun! :)

I have been sewn into costumes before - whew!!!!

dawn klinge said...

Your husband, the hero! You look so fabulous in that dress! Have a great time in Florida.

Sarah said...

Your hero! Love that last photo--you had fun!

Anonymous said...

My husband just saw that photo of you in your swanky dress. I quote: "Hubba hubba!"

Huz is a hero! I love a man who wields needle and thread with courage and aplomb.

Erin said...

You are beautiful in that dress. And hurray for Florida! I wish I was on my way to the Keys right now.

ik3 said...

you look hot, and you guys looked like you had fun. what a great story....

Marina said...

I absolutely freakin' LOVE that photo on the bottom! What fun!