May 19, 2009

Please point me to the nearest padded room.....

More schizo Alaskan Spring weather!!!!

THIS was last Thursday:

70 degrees and clear blue skies!

Playing on the deck
Planting the flowers I got for Mother's Day
Makin' sun tea
Fresh sheets drying in the breeze

And this was the next day, Friday:

First, rain. Hey, I asked for it, right?!?! But then, 30 degrees, COLD, WHITE, HUGE, FLAKES OF SNOW.

We got about a half an inch. Picture me racing outside in my PJs to pull all my flowers over to the side of the house out of the snow!

And then came Saturday:

65 and blue skies!




At the Anchorage farmer's market
More laundry and lounging on the deck
Makin' mud soup while the parents plant the potatoes.



COO-COO!!!!
And the amazing sunny weather continues! What a difference from last year! ~knocking MADLY on wood...

7 comments:

Anet said...

Yeah, I hate when that happens!
Michigan is tricky too :)

I love the shot of Lo dressed in pink with mud all over her!!! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

great photos.

spring weather isn't quite as dramatic here in japan, but it isn't far off. good luck. hope you have more sunny days.

A2Z said...

Crazy weather!!! :-)

Loring Wirbel said...

Been there done that, Colorado's been wacked all spring - 50-degree swings day to day are the norm.

denise said...

Crazy!

You know, it has been crazy here too...no snow, but we went from 33º and a frost just a few nights ago, to 88º and freakishly hot & humid yesterday (today was 85º). May????

Crescent Moon said...

That's some crazy weather you've been having!
I hope that was the last time winter visits you for awhile.
Happy gardening!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Ha ha ha! I remember getting snow in May in Anchorage. I got to see it snow in July when I worked on the North Slope (I had an internship up there). Snow in July is just cruel! (especially since we were outside all day long in the middle of freaking no where!).

HEY! We'll be in your neck of the woods mid-to-late August! After 8 years I'm finally coming home for a visit. I'm so nervous that I'm not going to want to leave!