May 26, 2009

Soldiers remembered and a fabulous Memorial Day was had by all!

The weather is still most GLORIOUS!!!! Our Memorial Day was so full and spent reveling in the warmth and sunshine. This family is SO blessed to have each other and so fortunate to be living together embraced in this incredible place.

We chopped and stacked some fresh cut wood given to us by friends, planted strawberries and "Croc pots", Huz and I went for a 1 1/2 hr run on the South Fork trail-phenomenal, and I finished my new additions to the polar bear family. Dea and her best friend, K, with Lo in tow, decided to capitalize on the heavy holiday traffic at the trail head and ran a lemonade/baked goods stand. Our rockin' dinner consisted of skirt steak and veggies on the grill. Root beer floats for dessert-hey, we earned it! And after Lo went to bed, Boyz in the Hood.








Someone didn't like her seating arrangement!


But all was well after a root beer float



To our soldiers past and present, THANK YOU for your bravery and service....


9 comments:

Crescent Moon said...

Your area is really beautiful!
I love the polar bears! Great work!

Tammy said...

Aaaah! You still have snow!

Love the crock pots. :)

dawn klinge said...

Your polar bears are so cute! I love the look on Lo's face in the dinner picture...glad the root beer float helped. :)

Garden State Kate said...

Great pics! What a great day, love the crocs!

Joy said...

I love the polar bears! It sounds like you had a great Memorial Day. What entrepreneurial daughters you have! ;)

Stephanie said...

Love the polar bears!

I also love the pic of the back door! :)

Tan Family said...

What a beautiful day! I would love to see where you live. Very magical. :)

Sarah said...

I'm in love with your polar bears. I think the lemonade stand in the "wilderness" is hysterical.

Erin said...

The polar bears are so beautiful! I love them just as much as the ones that you ordered. They're so sweet! That unicorn is pretty awesome, too, though.