July 15, 2013

The WORKend.



I was SO stoked that it was Friday.  Sunshine....with all the windows open, tunes blasting, heading down the highway to home.  It was a busy and productive week and the weekend was feeling all the more sweeter for it!  But alas, reality.  We've been out playing all summer, our weekends out of town with more to come....and many tasks left undone at home.  So this was the weekend to buckle down, suck it up, and git her done.  Mainly painting and installing the baseboard all around the house and smoking salmon bellies.  But we did have friends over Saturday night for homemade pizza, and Willa got to hike back to the lakes with our other friends on Sunday  while Miles and I plugged away on baseboard and chores.  It felt nice to relax outside later and roast brats and smore's on the fire pit.  I really can't complain.  The weather was downright HOT, I got to wear my bikini top, and we crossed a lot of crap off our to-do list.....I gotta admit, that feels pretty damn good.
Looking forward to getting back out of town and dip netting this weekend!

Baaaaaaaase Booooooooaaaaardsssssss

Salmon bellies.  OMG.

Pizza slinger!

As my friend, Mike, says,"Northern Latitude Attitude!"


Warm highway wind in Alaska?  I'll take it.