September 18, 2009

Road trip to Mother Ocean!

I'm ECSTATIC that we are taking an impromptu trip to Seward to go halibut fishing! What an AMAZING drive down this will be! Gorgeous fall in full swing. I've been craving the ocean, her waves, her smell, her bounty... HALIBUT TACOS WITH A SIDE OF MARGARITAS!!!! I can't wait to get on that boat tomorrow and TAKE OFF!!!!
It's been 3-ish years since we had a freezer loaded with the 'BUT! Here's some pics of our last trip....

Ok. Um....never mind? I click the photo link and NOTHING happens? WTF.
Oh, well! No time! I'll post upon our return...


Oh! Well here we go! Never mind my "never mind"!!! Photos! Can ya tell I'm friggin GIDDY!!!!

OMG, they (the kids)were so small 3 years ago!!!

!
 

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Every time you post fishing pictures, I call my husband over and he says "We have GOT to go to Alaska."

Anonymous said...

wow! i had no idea they were that big!
and it does sound like it will be ab amzing trip. enjoy!

Lisa Anne said...

Have fun! There is so much renewal in being by the ocean.

tiff said...

oh how i miss the halibut.

it is funny but it is on menu's here in carbondale...and i just can't bring myself to buy it...in my mind i am saying, "rocky mountains and halibut do not go together"...so i usually eat vegetables with nibbles of my husbands free range steak from carbondale!

hope you had a fabulous time breathing in that ocean air...and you bring home 'coolers' filled with halibut for the year!

fish tacos...yum...our favorite!

Crescent Moon said...

That is a monster fish! It wouldn't be hard to fill a freezer that way. Good luck on your trip!

Tammy said...

LOL, the fish are HUGE and the girls are TINY. ;)