September 29, 2009

Soul food

We've always been quite a social family, but something has changed since the death of our friend last summer. Especially within me. We've been reveling in this Fall with good friends...old and new. Weekends full of hiking, fishing, eating great eats, enjoying new wines and happy margaritas, talking...connecting...in a DEEPER way that I haven't experienced in the last year or so. I am so grateful.
I thank you, Bret, for this.

Hiking the ass-end of Flat-top Mountain and relaxing after

Hiking in April Bowl up Hatcher's Pass


5 comments:

Crescent Moon said...

WOW! Those pictures are amazing! I really like the second to last one with your daughter happily jumping in front of the stunning scenery.

Sara said...

Your pictures are so lovely. You truly live in one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I hope you continue your connecting. xx

dawn klinge said...

These pictures are gorgeous. Spending time in these beautiful places sounds wonderful, and adding good friends to the experience makes it even better.

Marina said...

Such beautiful photos and I love that you're connecting with LIFE

Sending Hugs, Marina

Tammy said...

The experience you and your loved ones had to go through to learn this valuable lesson was so traumatic and sad. I'm sure nothing will ever take that away, but you have walked away from it with such new-found wisdom in your heart.

Your photos are beautiful, by the way. I especially love the last one.