June 6, 2011

Impromptu hike past Bear Pass

Powered up Bear Pass in 20 minutes....continued to the top of the ridge to the right of the pass in another 20 minutes.  Drank water, made water, then ran/slipped back down in 30 minutes.  Glad I could fit a hike in on this sunny day - the weather is supposed to change to SHIT for the rest of the week.  A good dose of burning quads and pounding heart...vitamin D and a brisk cool wind...taking in that vast view of life and beauty-flora, fauna, and humans doing life down in those tiny houses.  My battery is CHARGED to ride out that rain if it comes!


Almost to the top

Heading back down towards Bear Pass
I've been cooking up a lot of great dinners during the work week lately...recipes that I've gleaned and tweaked from the 2 fitness mags I read,Oxygen and Muscle and Fitness HERS.   These light fresh meals leave me feeling FANTASTIC-full, satisfied and ALIVE .  They are packed with good lean protein, whole grains, fruits and veggies...in the yummiest combinations.  I've been going all out on fresh herbs and seasonings as well.  Very fun to play with and they make a drab "health conscious" meal roar with flavor.

Weekends, however...  THAT is our time for pasta, homemade pizza, and beef heavy meals, (THAT will be a whole other post!)  But I will admit, as much as I LOVE that stuff, it never leaves me feeling...VIBRANT.   More like,"Oh, my JEEZUS that was NUMMY!!!!   That shit was SO.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz."
Last night's dinner