June 13, 2011

My daughter KICKS ASS!!!!!


Here is a texting exchange that Dylan shared with us the other night.  All I can say is that I am SO PROUD!!!!  HELL to the YES, Girlie!!!!!

Mormon Moron:  Are you friends with  Amy and Derek ?


Dylan:  Yeah, why?

MM:  They’re Jewish.

D:  Okay? And?

MM:  I hate both of them.

D:  Wow. Last I checked, a person’s religious beliefs was not grounds to hate someone.

MM:   .....Well he’s a lot shorter than me. A lot.


D:  Well he is ALSO my best friends brother, and family to me.

MM:  He’s probably only taller than you cause of his stupid bright yellow Jew-fro.

D:  He had to die it blonde for a play. So shut the hell up and mind your own business and don’t be dissing on my friends. What is it to you that he is DIFFERENT than you and your Mormon self?

MM:  Don’t use that H word…

D:  Oh my gosh, HELL is in the freaking bible!!

MM:  Well.. okay. But I still don’t like Derek.

Dylan:  Well he’s family. And last I checked, the CHRISTIAN way was different. The fact that someone doesn’t stop talking when you RUDELY tell them to shut up, that isn’t grounds for hating someone. Jesus wouldn’t do that, would he? I may not go to church, or have any need for organized religion, but I do my research, and I know that’s not what Jesus would have done. Its bumpersticker logic, sweetheart.

I can only imagine what this kids parents are like....

Anyhoo....The following are photos from a reunion/celebration of F.A.'s life(our young friend who died) that Dylan organized via FaceBook for the kids who attended the Optional Program with F.A. in elementary school.  At the end of each school year, the Optional Program would go on a field trip to Eklutna Lake.  So that's where they decided to meet up. It wasn't a huge showing being a busy summer and all, just this group of kids and 2 of their former teachers, but it was fun and very bittersweet.  And unlike the end of year field trips, there where NO rules about playing in the ever present Eklutna mud!!!









Reminiscing and remembering F.A.


I love you over the moon and past the stars, Kiddo <3 <3 <3!!!!!!!