November 4, 2012

Vancouver, BC...a getaway with my hunny

View from our room!
 
Vancouver with my hunny-bunny!!!  Fun, romance, comedy, fancy-type business dinners, shopping, exploring, a bunch of New York Life Convention meetings for Miles, smuggling wine into the hotel hot tub, walking about the city in bathrobes and and slippers, and pinching Frank N. Furter's nipple...you know, the usual.
 
The last time I was in Vancouver was 1999.  I was living in Seattle at the time and my mom was up for a visit.  We took a road trip to Bellingham, fought about whether it was ok or not to eat a savory bagel for breakfast as opposed to sweet, and then hopped the ferry through the San Juan islands to Vancouver.  I fell in instant love with it then...a gorgeous city in the fall, European-esque culture, my first taste of dinning outside due to the outdoor heaters(Can't wait to build our big deck next summer and throw a few of those things on it!), a very clean, health-conscious and progressive place with the best of all worlds-city, water, and mountains all in view.  I've been talking it up to Miles for years and was excited that he earned us the opportunity to go for a week!  THANKS, Baby!!!!  We had a fantastic time even though it POURED for most of it.  I wish Miles could have seen how a bright sunny day can transform that city....
 
We booked our flight to get us into town a day early so that we could relax and explore before the NYL convention began.  Here's our first day-basically bar hopping, eating, and walking about while trying to wrestle umbrellas(Alaskans don't do umbrellas-we have RAIN GEAR.  Which we didn't think to bring, of course):
 

1st pub of the day- The Lennox.  Outside but covered and warm...watching folks stream by in the rain.

Next up, the Morrissey.  If I were to own a bar/pub/nightclub, THIS would be the design.  A mix of old world, retro shit, wood, leather, tattoos, modern art/furniture, rock/punk/indie/Johnny Cash-esque/house music.

I dig my leather boots that I rarely get a chance to wear!


 
Street scene

Street artist....all chalk
 
My handsome man checking in with the kiddos before we head back out for a lovely dinner at Don Francesco's


Always the silliness with us!  Nothing more fun then laughing your ass off with your hubby.