April 9, 2008

Homeschooling Mom Myths

I dig MEMEs!



Here's one I've had for awhile on Homeschooling Mom myths:





DO YOU BELIEVE THE STEREOHYPE?




Homeschoolin' moms:




rise before the sun-Always in the winter and never in the summer ;)




drive mini-vans- I've always hated those things! I'm loving my Subaru Legacy-first new car I ever owned. I do love Pathfinders, though. And I gotta say those mini coopers are just cool but not practical for Alaska.




wear denim jumpers- Ugh. Are they even still around?




And clogs- Do Danskos count?




wear turtlenecks- I don't bother with the turtleneck, I just wear a dickie. That and the 2 above make a fetching outfit. Sexaaaaaaayyyyy!










have long hair- Trying to, at least. Wacky curly. Usually shoulder length , sometimes longer, somethimes shorter depending on it's mood that day...




are all fundamentalist Christians-Hell , no. We're spiritual, seeking and intend to learn about the worlds different religions.




are all hippies with free range children named Rain Puddle, Patchouli and Star Flower- If hippy means tree huggin', eco-friendly, free spirited, liberal, trying to live a simpler more meaningful and fulfilling life, then YES! Sky and River we're baby names we considered.




wear dresses to our ankles- Skirts under the knee with pants underneath! Once or twice a year I get to play dress up and wear a gown!







-and our kids- are always in our pajamas- When I'm home, off go the clothes and I'm into a tee-shirt and my Juicy Couture sweats(one of 3 pairs-expensive but they last forever!) When LO comes home, off with the clothes and on with a tutu, "fancy" dress, twirly skirt( and it MUST twirl!) or bathing suit, or all of thee above! Oh, and fairy wings of course!




are extreme right wing- My father was to the right of Attila The Hun. I'm a liberal. I'm a MOMMA FOR OBAMA!!!!!!!




never watch TV- Kill your television! and adopt NETFLIX! We have no TV reception or cable and that's fine with us. We LOVE our movies, though!!! Silly for em! Big ass TV and surround sound.




Bake our own bread- My husband is an amazing pastry chef and the best baker around although he's no longer in that line of work. He's been banned from creating goodies except for special occasions!




Are constantly pumpin out the kids- I'm a member of the have 2 natural and if you want more, ADOPT club.





don't allow our kids out of the house during school - Oh, Puh-lease




keep our drapes closed during the day- Wha???????






What do YOU think?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WE rise before the sun- never, never, never

We drive mini-vans- nope, just a big truck

We wear denim jumpers- can't say that i do

And clogs- um, no.

We wear turtlenecks- sure, in the winter

We have long hair- not so much

We are all fundamentalist Christians- and all muslims are terriorists

We are all hippies with free range children named Rain Puddle, Patchouli and Star Flower- Phoenix and Isaiah... hmm.

We wear dresses to our ankles- I only own 1 dress.

We-and our kids- are always in our pajamas- guilty as charged!

We are extreme right wing- nope, but my in-laws are.

We never watch TV- true, we don't, but netflix is our friend.

We Bake our own bread- all. the. time.

We Are constantly pumpin out the kids- i have 2, and am not considering having another one any time in the near or distant future

We don't allow our kids out of the house during school - um, a lot of learning goes on outside. i can't imagine ever telling my kids that they have to learn about birds in books rather than taking a walk and finding them, and observing them first hand.

We keep our drapes closed during the day- no, i leave the curtains open so we don't have to have the lights on.