April 11, 2008

MACRO challenge catch-up

Since I'm behind, I thought i'd put 2 or 3 up each day until I'm caught up.

Yo, Mamas!

It's a llama!

This is my first stab(Pun!) at needle felting. I love it! So fun and...satisfying to see the animal emerge from a ball of wool. I think it freaks LO out a little. I'm sure she's saying to herself,"What does she have against llamas that she would work a VooDoo doll?"


A morning of painting together



Thought I would include this one, too. I took it when my auto-focus focused on LO's reflection.















3 comments:

Tammy said...

What a cute llama!

We love needle felting in our home. :)

Mama Randa Morning Glory said...

I too love needle felting. I mean, what else can you stab a thousand times and make it stronger? So much easier to clean up than sewing with it's little bits of thread and needles left in the carpet...

That reflection picture is AWESOME! Really, I think it's my favorite out of all the macro shots I've seen on blogs lately.

Also I wanted to answer your question about what tools I use for my wooden toys. Mostly I use a scroll saw. I got it for christmas and I absolutely LOVE it. A drill is the only other power tool I have right now and it's amazing what can be done with just those two tools. A scroll saw can cut wood up to about 1.5 inches thick. It's just like using a sewing machine; you guide the wood underneath the blade and turn the wood as needed to cut the desired shape. So much fun. My scroll saw was the most inexpensive one at Sears-- I paid about $150 for it. It's actually a POS as far as quality is concerned, but, it works well enough for what I want to do with it.

Anonymous said...

They are all lovely, you have such
a talent for anything artistic.
llama is so cute.