December 14, 2008

Ain't we lucky we got 'em - Good Times!

This ole broad turned 39 on the 11th. My last year in the 30's and they're already giving me shit! My oldest is about to have her head handed to her! Next time the step father calls up with a "poem", I'm hangin' up! Hello, 40 is the year to make a big ruckus. I know, I know. I had a tombstone, "Caution...OLD person" crime scene tape, and many other obnoxious Over the Hill type decorations for Huz's 40th. It seemed so funny back then, 6-ish years ago... I thought I had PLENTY of time! Well here it is-right around the corner. Pay back's a bitch.
SO LEAVE ME IN PEACE FOR MY LAST YEAR IN MY 30's, ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They threw me a swell shindig last night, though! Great friends, tons-o-kids, sledding in the dark, yummy eats, fun times. I now own the warmest coziest slippers on earth(they're like sleeping bags on your feet), my fav new shirt(see previous post), a LED head lamp(Welcome to the 20th century!), and a Barak Obama Christmas ornament among other cool gifts.
The Prof in green crocs cleansing his pallet before the next whiskey tasting.
The lovely Nature Lady

Burp......
Huz makes the rockin-ist cakes...

10 comments:

tiff said...

Happy 39th youngster! Looks like a fun night...and oh it is so nice to be with good friends and happy children! Hope your day was full with lots of cake, ice cream, snuggles and presents...

Sharon said...

Youngster is right!
Happy Happy Birthday!!!

Naturelady said...

Happy Birthday! GREAT PARTY and SCRUMPTIOUS FOOD. And the moon photos are very impressive!!!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

First of all let me say Happy Birthday.

How cool is that?... Night time sled riding! I haven't done that in YEARS! (42 here)

Glad you had tons of fun!

dawn klinge said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had some very fun friends and family to spend your special day with. I want some of that cake!

Laura McIntyre said...

Happy Birthday :) You have wonderful friends and family, you are so lucky for that

denise said...

Happy Birthday!!!! How great to have friends and family to celebrate with. That cake looks over the top! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday you old lady! I'm 38, close enough to give you grief like that :-)

julie said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun bday celebration.

My husband is the same boat - he just realized that this is his last year in his 30's. I will be there next year : )