January 22, 2009

HEY ALL!!!! It's froo-froo time again! Please VOTE!


'Tis time for the
New York Life 2009 KICK-OFF DINNER and AUCTION!!!

It's the one time each year I get to go all froo-froo and sexy-like. One day of playing dress-up! Then, halfway through the night I'm chucking my high heals under the table, wishing I could rip my hose and "fancy"(read:SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE) bra off of my body, and getting all raccoon eyed because I touched them, forgetting I have mascara on. Such a classy gal!

As usual, I've waited till the last minute and all the prom kiddies have scoured Anchorage free of all it's decent gowns. I'm forced to just pick and order through Nordys. So. Here are some gowns that I pretty much dig. Waddaya think? I really don't want to wear black-EVERYONE wears black. Last year I wore a gorgeous wine colored gown and stood out-something I usually don't like to do, but I dug it that time cuz I was a rebel. And all that black was just ridiculous. This year I was hoping for an emerald or deep purple dress. But, alas, none to be found.

Come on cyber friends and lurkers(now's the time to come out of the etheric) and cast a vote and/or a comment! Get out your magnifying glass and have a look-see at the wee froo-froos below and vote on the side bar which one you think I should wear! (If it helps in the visualization process, I'm 5'7 and a size 8 and will wear my hair down. If it cooperates.)
BEHOLD! Oh, and HURRY UP! I've got to order by FRIDAY!!! Alterations, you know...
Thanks so much!
*UPDATE-Also, keep in mind the boogieability! I must be able to cut a rug in the thing. And, I think I'm NOT digging the red at all now. I hate red. Think Nancy Regan. I wanted this to dress to be wine and over night it did NOT miraculously turn into wine. So scratch it.

kickoff


kickoff - by runninL8 on (if you want to see the bigger pics)

18 comments:

Tammy said...

I voted for the green, but also think the plum.

Stephanie said...

Good grief.
I'm a no-makeup-wearin' dreadlock girl. Who smells of a mixture of rose, lavender, geranium, and bergamot oil.
That said, though I've been mighty fashionable in the past, I've never cared for the opinion of Others.
I say - "dammit - go with the color you feel the prettiest in, and the style that makes you bat your eyelashes flirtatiously at your Fine Self." All the rest will just fall into place.
:)

Stephanie said...

ps - my word after writing that was
"ofspew".
lol.
can't help but think "off spew". Which is prob'ly what I did.

Joy said...

Plum...all the way!

Anonymous said...

plum is my fave, but green is a very close runner up.

Deb said...

DANA- YOU HAVE TO WEAR THE PLUM! DID I SAY THAT THE FIRST TIME? DOESN'T PRESIDENT OBAMA HAVE A NICE SOUND TO IT? ALL OF US IN CONSERVATIVE MONTANA ARE OH SO HAPPY WITH THE CHANGE!

Deb said...

THE Plum number comes in Chocolate, too?!?!? That would even be better. The style of the dress is amazing, but check out the chocolate pic on the Nordstrom site. GOR-JUS!!!!!

Sara said...

I kind of like the black. :)

Deb said...

That cobalt blue one-shoulder Calvin Klein dress is pretty sweet, too. What color is Miles wearing? I am saying a tie between the plum and the Calvin dress!!!

Deb said...

BUDDY says the Calvin Klein cobalt... He says it's a STUNNER.

dawn klinge said...

So hard to choose...I liked the slate gown. I love dressing up, but rarely get to. I hope you post pictures of you wearing whichever gown you choose. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Well, the green is really nice. But I voted for the Funky just because it is different but beautiful!

I can never wear eye makeup either, because I never remember to keep my hands off.

Sara said...

I didn't vote because I wanted you to read this instead. I think the green would look BEAUTIFUL with your hair and coloring. But, I also like the one you call emerald, but I clicked over to the site, and it said cobalt. Am I missing something? If the off the right shoulder Calvin Klein jersey/sequins is available in green/emerald, I think that would be my first choice.

I do agree that plum (or chocolate) would be beautiful on you, too! I'm so jealous! Can't wait to hear all about it. Hugs!

denise said...

Fun! Navy, plum, or red. :)

RunninL8 said...

DEB! You CRAZY!!! The BLACK dress came in chocolate as well-and that would be the one I choose-but it's not avail. till MAY. Shit!
Hi to Bud and how's yer pups?!?! When are you comming over for coffee?

STEPHANIE- That's exactly what I plan to do! I just think this poll is fun. It's not really adhearing to another's opinion, It's just that I always have the hardest time making a choice between several things I like! This'll narrow it down. Knowing me, I'll probably just go into town today and pick up something totally different-making this poll null and void! Man, I tell ya, if my hair was thicker I would LOVE to do dreadies just once in my life! I'd have all kinds of beatiful glass dread beads, coils, peyote stitches, wraps, etc, in them! If I tried it now, i'd look like a cancer patient.

SARA-Thanks for the heads -up! Whoops! That would be SAPPHIRE! And I would LOVE if it came in green. Doesn't. Waaaa.
That's the one dress that looks like it would be the least..forgiving-so I'm afriad to risk it without trying it on first! Dang! But I love it!

Anet said...

Okay, I'm torn between two of them...I love the plum one and the one with the awesome pink and (grey?) design on it!
Have fun!!!

RunninL8 said...

*UPDATE-Also, keep in mind the boogieability! I must be able to cut a rug in the thing. And, I think I'm NOT digging the red at all now. I hate red. Think Nancy Regan. I wanted this to dress to be wine and over night it did NOT miraculously turn into wine. So scratch it.

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Hmmmm....they're all gorgeous!!! I think I like the Calvin Klein one (blue) or the green dress. Whatever you end up choosing I want to see photos of you wearing it! :)