May 12, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, Mommies!

(Belated! I forgot to post this! Got home at 9:00 last night, ate dinner at 11:00! And got up at 3:something to drive Huz to the airport.)


I hope you all had a wonderful day being celebrated by the most precious beings we could ever be blessed with, Your childrenY.



What a nice day we’ve had. Cinnamon rolls for breky, some really sweet gifts, we’re having my beloved skirt steak, and a lovely flute concert by the Anchorage Flute Choir that Dea performs in.


And after the kids are in bed , some quiet alone time with my Huz Y who’s going to a week long convention in Dallas tomorrow. :(

I am honored to have the privilege to be the mother of my two children. I sincerely believe we choose each other and I am the most fortunate mommy. Since I could remember, I had the strongest desire to be a mommy, to be my children’s first teacher- to introduce them to life. But they, really, are the teachers . And the mirrors in which I see myself. The best of myself and, yes, sometimes the worst. All the more motivation to be the best person I can be. For them, for me, for life.

O.K.! Mush-n-gush over.
So here’s my loot!

A sweet painted ceramic foggy by Lo, a lovely flower fairy
by Dea

and BORAT from the Huz who knows!!!!
And a joint effort by the kids-a smashing apron to wear when I paint!

And they detailed my car! Whoo-hoo!


Wad you all get?!?!?

4 comments:

Melisa & Erik Nielsen said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! There is something about a clean car... in fact a clean car and a full pantry are two of my favorite feelings! lol. The weird dreams of a busy mom!

Blessings.

denise said...

What a wonderful day! Love the photo of the three of you.

Tammy said...

I think we chose our children and they chose us to be their parents, too.

Your loot is GREAT! :)

I got LaVerne & Shirley dvds from my hubby, a cd of piano classics from Emily, a pretty picture for the wall from Katie, a lotion from Kayla, and a dvd from Eric.

dawn klinge said...

That's such a sweet photo of you and your kids. I'm glad you had such a great Mother's day. I'm on my own for the next few days also while my husband is in California...I sure realize how much I need him when he's gone ;)