May 29, 2008

YOU KNOW IT'S SUMMER BREAK WHEN..Recipe Thursday

Holy Shite! It's thursday! Why did I think it was Wednesday?
Well, I had planned to share the recipe for my award winning cardamom beer, THE OM, but it's dinner time and I can't keep track of the days.

So instead...QUICK ICE CREAM!
(recipe given to me by the kid next door)


To those of you who are ice cream connoisseurs, this will taste like CoffeeMate on ice. But the kiddos LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Get a large Ziplock bag


2. Fill 1/3 of the Large bag with ice


3. Add 1/2 cup of rock salt


4. Then get a small bag and put in : 3/4 cup of milk,


1/2 tsp vinilla(her spelling), and 2 Tbls sugar.


5. Get all the air out of small bag and close it.


6. Put small bag into large bag then get the air out of that and seal.


7. Shake for 5 minutes until it hardens up a bit.


8. WASH ALL THE SALT OFF THE BAG BEFORE YOU POUR IT INTO BOWL!!!! Or you will get nasty salty icecream.


9. Put toppings like crumbled cookies or chocolate chip in icecream.


ENJOY?


5 comments:

Tammy said...

Well..........did they enjoy it???

lol

I saw the last part of the instructions says, "Enjoy?"

I think it sounds like a lot of fun. And yep....ice cream means warm days are here. :)

denise said...

Interesting! :)

We love making fresh ice cream in our IC maker. We get fresh milk too, so it is super good. I have a recipe to try making hemp milk ice cream as well - we'll see how it goes.

Wish it was warm enough here to crave ice cream!

World Wide Alternative said...

Yummy!
Guess what?
You won!
Get ya butt over to mine & mail me your addy.
CONGRATULATIONS!
Wooooooohooooooo! Xxx

Anonymous said...

Yay I like this. We did this in my high school sophomore chemistry class, so your kids are ahead of the game, haha. Everything tastes better when you get to shake it around in a bag first, right?

(or something like that)

Gypsy said...

Yummm ... that sounds like heaps of fun!