June 15, 2008

Happy Pappy's Day!


A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.
~Author Unknown
The father who would taste the essence of his fatherhood must turn back from the plane of his experience, take with him the fruits of his journey and begin again beside his child, marching step by step over the same old road. ~Angelo Patri
Having a magical child
Really makes me wonder why I waited for so long to
Bring another life to this place
Then I finally realised I was watching myself grow up
Can you not see it in his face,
Your face
~Graham Nash,Magical Child

To all the wonderful Daddies, aka: fierce protectors, human trampolines-banks-rocks, life teachers, warm armed safty nets, soft shouldered confidants, commedians, magicians, students, etc.,etc., etc.
All About My Daddy
By Lo
My Daddy is 5 years old.
He weighs 40 pounds and is as tall as a big little tree
His hair is tan and his eyes are green.
When my Daddy likes to relax, he reads the paper.
He likes to wear dresses. (?!?!?!?-not true!!!)
He loves to cook waffles and burgers.
Daddy’s favorite color is purple.
My daddy likes to eat waffles.
His favorite household chore is to clean pots and pans.
His favorite song is "Tommorow is a long time".~Bob Dylan
Daddy always tells me: “a story about a jelly bean in a dark dark box
It makes him happy when me and Dea are playing Monopoly!
I really love it when my Daddy plays with me and heartbeats me!

He is the best Daddy in the whole world!!!
I LOVE YOU, DADDY!!!
All About My Daddy
By Dea

My Daddy is 45 years old.
He weighs 165 pounds and is almost 6 ft. tall (maybe 5’9)
His hair is Blonde and his eyes are blue.
When my Daddy likes to relax, he loves to sit on the couch and snooze or read the paper and drink his coffee.
He likes to wear Jeans and T-shirts.
He loves to cook skirt steak and Hamburgers.
Daddy’s favorite color is purple.
My daddy likes to eat skirt steak.
His favorite household chore is to build and improve our house.
His favorite song is Magical Child.
Daddy always tells me: “Never, ever, ever turn your brain off!”
It makes him happy when we are playing, laughing, and being silly!
I really love it when my Dad takes me fishing!

He is the best Daddy in the whole world!!!
I LOVE YOU, DADDY!!!

4 comments:

Lizz said...

Really cute!

I read this to the Papa at our house and we giggled.

Tammy said...

What a nice post to read! It's fun to see how kids of different ages view their dad. lol

denise said...

Cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you sweetie. It's easy to be a great daddy in this family!