June 12, 2008

LOOK AT MEEZ!

I made a "Meez", and I made a dress.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


All of us are babes when in Meezland. This looks nothin' like me! Accept for the clothes, hair color and biceps. Oh, and the mole-I mean, "beauty mark". That was the "curliest" hair they had. I guess curly isn't hip. Too bad for them. What's with the big alien-caucasian head? Her little feeties are gonna freeze.

And the dress I made Lo, yesturday! I have no idea what I'm doing! Maybe waiting for it to start falling off her body any minute... I am very new to sewing and I'm not sure how now, but I pieced it together from old shirts. I'm digging this recyled dress! Lo was very upset when I said "no" to her sleeping in it. She wore it again today and here it is -in the process and finished-plus new stains and kitty cat fur:
Dea was going to throw away her old Rolling Stones shirt but I dumpster dove for it and I think I'll incorporate it into another cute dress. I'll have to ask my friend -who is the Master of sewing-to take a look at it and show me how to sew correctly. I'm the Half-ass of sewing.


Just Added: This morning's visitors


10 comments:

Gypsy said...

OOoh, you are a Meez babe! And I love that little dress, your little girl looks just beautiful. Go you on the organics - let me know how you get on!

Anet said...

Awwww.... I love Lo's dress, I don't blame her for wanting to live in it... It's very cute!
You're doing a great job sewing!
I made my daughter a beach tote for her trip to New York City and Coney Island the other day, With no pattern!! I was pretty proud of myself! She's going next week. Seems like yesterday she was a small as Lo!:)

dawn klinge said...

I'm just learning to sew to! I think you're ahead of me though; I haven't made a dress yet. That's such a cute dress. I love the Meez.

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to like Meez, but they're just...freakish. Kind of like anime.

But I love the dress. I think you did a great job, because Lo loves it so much.

We always joke that moose are really mythical creatures, because in all the times we've visited my inlaws in New Hampshire, we've never seen one even though they do live around there and even walk through town sometimes. Guess we better try Alaska next!

Unknown said...

oh come and look at our visitors today.

Tammy said...

I love the dress; what a great way to recycle shirts. I think Kayla would agree with Lo and want to wear it all day and to bed too.

Kellan said...

Darling little dress - great job. And your daughter is a little cutie.

Have a good weekend -Kellan

denise said...

cute dress!

exciting to see such big visitors!

Scribbit said...

Hey we had moose too--must be the season :)

laoi gaul~williams said...

hello!
thanks for visiting my blogs :)
i wish i could make me a dress...think you have inspired me to try!
Re your comment over the family tree~i subscribed to the cheapest ancestry option and found out loads! i love the idea of cellular memory~i had strong feelings about Ireland before i knew i had true connections there so you can imagine the joy i felt when i found i was related to four different families from Southern Ireland!!!
feel free to email me with any questions!