June 17, 2008

WEDNESDAY Word/photos:VIBRISSAE

OOOOOOO! I know this one from my anatomy class! Nose hairs!!! Or "whiskers" which when stimulated produce "information" that the body registers and can then act upon. Like when a buggy goes up your nose and you sneeze. Am I right?

Vibrissae-1. (Anat.) One of the specialized or tactile hairs which grow about the nostrils, or on other parts of the face, in many animals, as the so-called whiskers of the cat, and the hairs of the nostrils of man.

Yay! I got smarts!

7 comments:

Anet said...

Wow, you are smart! Love your photos. Cute nose on the little one! And the kitty vibrissae, just as cute!!!

dawn klinge said...

Those are great photos to go with that word. I'm learning some new vocab. on your blog this week- I love it!

tiff said...

Fun...love seeing your littlest showing off her vibrissae...but she got nothin'...give her about 35 years...giggle :)

denise said...

Cute photos (again).

Sharon said...

I agree with Anet, you're very smart.....I had never even heard the term before. LOVE your photos!!!

Tammy said...

I absolutely love these photos!

I've been guessing what the words mean before I read the definitions at either yours or Anet's blog. I haven't managed to get a single one even REMOTELY right. lol!

Anonymous said...

I would not have a clue on any of the words but i really love this game, love coming by your blog each day to see the pictures you come up with :)