September 29, 2008

My new lens!

You would think that I would have been screaming about it on my blog a few weeks ago! I've only been whining and coveting one for months! So much has gone on since then that the I GOT A NEW LENS!!!!!!!!! post went on the back burner. But I've been putting it to good use as evidenced by all the pictures of late. It's a Tamron 18-250 and I am just tickled to have a wide angle, macro, and telephoto all in one! I've been having a smashing time playing with it. It's been a long time coming and I'm so grateful to finally be able to expand into a new realm.

Makes me think of diamond brooches.

Annuals that actually grew this summer!









I finally got some decent shots of Huz's new office with the wide angle. I wish the mountains were visible out the window. 'Twas a misty day.









10 comments:

Ruth said...

Gorgeous! What are those colored 'beads'?? So pretty.

Sharon said...

Really, really, wonderful shots!!! So great.

RunninL8 said...

Thanks ladies! The balls are about the size of baseballs. They light up and slowly ease from one color the next. Huz brought them home from a business trip to Seattle. Each table at the banquet had a few placed on them as center pieces.
Very groovy, baby!

Anonymous said...

oh yea! now I'M loving your new lens. beautiful photos. i'm so looking forward to seeing alaska (and the rest of your world) through that new lens.

Tammy said...

Oh, wow, the camera (lens, whatever, lol) is great! You have such a range of photos here..... Keep sharing them with us. :)

dawn klinge said...

These are such beautiful photos! I'm sure the lens is wonderful, but it still takes someone with a good deal of talent, like you have, to take those shots.

Anet said...

These are fantastic photos! I love the one of the diamond brooches! All of them are really great. The cat and Dea just beautiful!!!

denise said...

Nice! I want a lens so badly too. Got the new camera with just the basic lens in May and it has been such an adjustment since my old camera had a good zoom. Most of the time I'm hunched over something, dangling 3" away trying to get a nice micro shot! Har. That is very exciting - and the photos are great!

Mexanese said...

congrats on your new lens. soooo Jealous over here *)

julie said...

amazing pictures!!!