September 9, 2008

The rest of our trip to NJ...and what to do with kids on planes.

All ongoing PALIN info can be found at my new blog MEET SARAH!




Swimming before that nasty thunderstorm hit. Grandma is back there summoning up the lightning gods to perform for the Alaska contingent who rarely see it.








After much sweat and tears, Lo finally learned to walk on water.


A day at the zoo! My 2 favorite things? Seeing that chipmunk!(has been years since I've seen one!) and the SLOTH!!! LOVED that guy! I'm so bummed I didn't get a picture of him.






Well, we put a some of those GREAT "traveling with kids" ideas to work on our flight home. The two biggest hits were the Wiki Stixs and Barf Bag Puppets!!!!




Wiki Stix!!!! Waxy yarn things that are poseable, stick to each other and most surfaces, Easy to change and reposition, open ended! They loved these things!
Little people and a snail around a campfire.

Barf bag puppets!

All you need is:

Love
Airline barf bags!
glue stick
kid scissors
and a couple of fashion mags!

They stuck with this craft for almost 2 hours! Hell, even I made one and had a great time! They had the flight attendants fighting over who got to have one and cracked up our fellow passengers by making the puppets pop up over the seats to say"HI!".


*Note to self: Next trip, do NOT hoard all the travel activities in Mom's closet. There were plenty of other times to use them. Restaurants, car trips, etc. I had PLENTY of tricks and should have used them!!!!

11 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow! Looks like a really great time. Hopefully Lo will be able to remember bits as she gets older with the help of all of the great pics. I bet Dea will remember forever! I mean how many Alaskan teens get to do N.Y.C.? Zoe would be so jealous if she knew!!!

dawn klinge said...

I never thought of Wiki sticks for traveling...what a great idea. Your trip looks like it was so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Next trip, I'm getting some wiki sticks!

I miss chipmunks too...we had two or three living in our yard in NY, and I loved to sit really still so they'd come right by me. Tiny rodents with racing stripes :-)

Anonymous said...

those are great ideas. i lvoe those wiki stix. i've never seen them before.

Tammy said...

Oh my gosh.......the barf bag puppets! ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE that idea! And the wiki sticks. We've never played with those, and I kinda want to buy some of them now.

Bronx Zoo???

RunninL8 said...

Nope-turtleback zoo in NJ.

Anet said...

That's awesome, love the creative plane activities!

denise said...

Great photos! Looks like such a great trip.

thegoodwitch said...

Did you notice that the green wiki sculpture, as photographed, looks kinda like a naked woman reclining on one elbow. Yeah, this is what happens to the mind of a homeschooling mom. Scary.

RunninL8 said...

Goodwitch-hey, you've an artistic mind!

Lisa Anne said...

What a great trip, lots of smiling girls.
Barf Bag collage, I think you're on to something.