September 23, 2008

Pickin' Blupers

Sunday was a good day to get out with our dear Friends and go berry picking. I was need of some fresh air after being holed up on Saturday and we knew it would probably be our last chance before the berries start to turn. Our Friends, the Prof, Nature Lady, and their kids W and T came up for dinner and we headed down the road for blueberries. We've enjoyed picking blueberries with our friends for years. Usually we try to get in one good hike up onto the mountainsides or valleys for berries but this year the weather held us back. And as I said in my last post, everything autumnal is transitioning so fast. We were lucky to have gotten out Sunday to pick the last of the berries that were a bit beyond their prime. I think it became more of a time to enjoy the misty afternoon and each other then it was a serious berry harvesting!




It seems like yesterday when these kiddos were just pre-schoolers and a toddler.

Now, they are 2 teens and a tween.
It has been so wonderful to watch these kids grow through their many stages together in the comfort and depth of strong friendship.

...as evidenced below!


Playing "Smash the berry...then each other."



I smell a Jerry Crisp recipe comin' on....

9 comments:

julie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time.

Sarah said...

Your photos are gorgeous and it really looks like you're squeaking in just before winter! It doesn't look like that here yet.

denise said...

Oh, more beautiful photos!! Looks like an awesome time.

I hope that as the boys get older we can look back on at least one or two long time friends and know that they have that feeling of belonging somewhere. :)

Naturelady said...

How do you get the photos up so quickly? -- I have barely got the boots and blueberry buckets out of the car/ entryway!
Your blog makes me want to start one too, to share doings & photos of our life with the folks in the old country...

RunninL8 said...

NatureL- You should! 'Tis fun!
I've enjoyed 2 days of blueberries in my cereal! Nature's Path flax and pumpkin seed cereal with fresh strawberries, blups and bananas. Love it.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous photos... especially of the kids doing the wonderful things that kids do. i love those
the best.
wow! pickin' blueberries in alaska...i just can't think of anything finer.

Anonymous said...

p.s. i'm coveting a few of the books in your sidebar in particular the mist-filled path. how is it?

Tammy said...

New Jersey, Alaska, New Jersey, Alaska.....yup I think you chose well. I love seeing photos of all the nature in the open space where you live. :)

RunninL8 said...

Ladybug-zen: There is a woman in town who teaches a 3 year celtic spirituality and healing development course of study that I'm hoping to take someday. This is one of the main books that they use throughout. I read the first chapter which was interesting and so lyrically written, but then it got put on the backburner(my night table)for some parnting type books.... I'm hoping to get back to it soon!