May 25, 2013

3 crappy things about me.

Fun!

1.  When I am overtired, sick, dealing with a stressful event, or overstimulated (or, god forbid, all of the above) I feel very raw, frazzled, impatient, and short.  An exhausting struggle to keep from being a bitch ensues.  Sometimes it gets the best of me.  This brings me feelings of shame, failure and guilt because sometimes it affects the ones I love.

2.  Hi.  My name is Dana and I am addicted to screens.  We don't get TV not just because it's mostly crap and a time suck but because when it's on, it grabs my attention to the point that my ADD mind goes into hyper-focus and the Alpha state.  Same goes for the computer and iPHONE.  I disappear into these things and loose total track of time.  I strive to live a full life and I abhor the affects that I'm seeing on people because of technology-especially our children.  I could go on and on....But first I have to deal with my own addiction to it.  I need to turn off and tune in more often...get on a more strict "screen schedule" and least make better use of my screen time instead of just tangent surfing.  This month of writing on my blog has been great for me....purposeful.   I need to be the change I want to see...and be a better role model.  It truly IS an addiction.

3.   I am TERRIBLE at keeping my life organized, timely and tidy.  My schedule, cleaning the house, getting things done, remembering things.  I HATE this deficit in me.  And that's all I want to say.  What CAN I say?  I try....