May 6, 2013

"What do you do?"

This prompt is a bit wonky.  The full question is, "If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?"  Are they asking me to describe my job without stating exactly what it is....or are they looking for a more esoteric answer?  Well...I'll go with the former.

I HELP....

       I see with my hands...touch with my soul...intent on easing pain...calming spirit and body...listening with ears and heart to both the quiet and to the words that may flow.  I offer my voice to advise and educate....I hold a space of safety and healing... I may not cure-there is no hubris here-but together we work on a journey to contentment in the moment, toward a life of wellness.



I CREATE...

What's in my heart...on my mind...behind my lips...is translated in color, texture, movement, layered depth, onto a pure white canvas waiting to receive the rush of energy or the delicate placing of emotion.  Accompanied by a brilliant sky, warmth, fresh air around me, earth beneath me...the ultimate artist's studio....house, techno, dubstep, electronica engulfing me and feeding my color dance.

 
I do lots of other shit, too.