May 27, 2013

Dear Readers....and you, too, troll.


Dear Readers,


 .....It feels weird addressing you (specifically my old "regulars")directly since I have long been out of the Blogosphere Exchange.  While I still visit many of your blogs, I rarely offer anything as far as dialogue.  As a result there are only crickets in my own comment box!  But from looking at my Site Meter Stats,  I know you're here!   A couple of  months ago I got a comment from my resident troll...the one who always says how much prettier Sarah Palin is then me?   He/she/it gleefully pointed out that HA,HA, no one even comments on your blog anymore!  Nah, Nah!  Sarah Palin is MUCH prettier than YOU!

You pathetic thing...it is to laugh!!!  :P

Glorious troll, a huge part of bloggy communicating is that "tit for tat" commenting thing.  The only bloggers out there who continually receive many comments even though they rarely respond or comment on their readers blogs are the extremely  popular and oft sponsored money makin' blogs with exemplary writing.  They don't HAVE to contribute to the give and take.  For the rest of us, if you want to attract attention to your blog and have a continuing dialogue, you MUST contribute to others.  You read and comment on my posts and I'll read and comment on yours.  For me, this was very time consuming.  And while the blogs on my roll have provided a plethora of info, inspiration, great writing/photos, (I am forever grateful for this!!!!) I simply had more important things to do with my 24 hour day.  To be frank, I really got sick and disillusioned with the superficial-ness of the Blog Exchange.  Once and awhile I would lay off commenting on the usual blogs just to see what would happen.  As predicted, comments on MY blog declined in suit.  Did people care about every post I wrote on my blog?  No.  Same here.  And that's ok.  I'm just not going to take time out to read and comment on blogs out of obligation.  That's not what I got into this for.  I'm just not playin' the game.  Most of the bloggers that I developed a bit of a personal relationship with are now Facebook friends.  It seems an easier and more intimate way to uphold our relationship anyway.  My life has changed much since Willa started school full time and I have less of a need to reach out and appeal to those past communities.  Today, my blogging is more about and for ME.  It gives me the chance to hone my writing skills.  It get's my brain primed in the morning better then any ADD drug has...it gets my creative juices flowing for painting as well.  It gives me and my family a tangible way to go back and check in with past.  It's a reminder to always be grateful for the life we have...because it is lived well.

So, my Tranny Palin Troll, I don't give a shitty shitter shit that no one comments!  And while I sure like to hear from folks, it ain't no thang that I don't.  Site Meter tells me there are 30-60 people stopping by each day to read both popular older posts and the most recent ones as well. 

To any new readers, welcome!  Make yourself at home...obligation free!  And to the old readers as well, thanks for .....SO much!!!!   My own needs aside, if I can offer up some little gem for someone from my blog, that makes me feel pretty good!

SOOOOOO pretty.  Thank the lord for  a sharp knife, wigs and injectables, eh?