May 3, 2013

What makes me uncomfortable?





 
I never been one to bitch about discomfort.  THIS chick is not one of those who thrives on comfy coziness.   Oh, don’t get me wrong…I adore my time on the couch wrapped in a blankie, cat on lap, sipping wine, chatting with my hunny, watching a good movie, reading, dinking on the internets…but ONLY when it is well earned.  Otherwise, it feels….lazy…..slovenly…kinda pathetic.  I get restless as hell.  My step-dad once said,”You have to have a few rainy days to REALLY appreciate a sunny one!”.  So, so true, in my case.  If life was hazy dazy lazy everyday I would fucking rip my hair out.  It’s like waiting for death to come.  That ain’t livin’, no MA’AM!  After a day of mothering, kneading  my client’s muscles, painting, weightlifting, running, doin’ errands, driving taxi, cooking dinner, and trying to at least keep things tidy, an evening of oozing into couch position, glass of red in hand, is EARRRRRRRRRNED!  And all the more sweet. 

 
NOT that I’m saying my busy day is “uncomfortable”.  I enjoy daily life.  I can take it!  I gave birth to a 10 pound butterball….24 hour labor, 4 pushing, no drugs….I can do ANY-FUCKING-THING, my dears!  But, if I have to point out my discomforts, here they are (Mostly social related stuff):
1.  Chatting with someone for the first time who equals my level of pitiable shyness or worse.  I can be retardedly shy and I HATES it!  Pair me with an outgoing interesting person and I’m ok.  But when I throw out those conversation icebreakers and they fall flat?  Uuuuugh, to DIE.

2.  Speak in front of a group of peole I don’t know well?  No, please.  I used to head team meetings back in the day and I ROCKED it!  But they were co-workers and friends.  A psychic once told me that according to my birth date, color of my mother’s socks, and hit song at the time, that it was my life’s purpose to speak publically for the edification and personal growth of others.  HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAA!        Aha.

3.  Oh, and, Bitch?  DON’T invade my personal space bubble.  You can get kinda close- WHOA!  NOT THAT FUCKING CLOSE!!!  Don’t be grabbing my arm, whispering into my ear, or stickin’ your face in mine. That makes me uncomfortable!  And the closer you are the more accurately I will know you!  So, if you are lovely person, I will know your intentions and appreciate that-but ya still need to back off soon.  Me no likey.  My husband says I have an uncanny ability to “read” a person and/or situation(And here is where I make up for yesterday’s missed prompt: What Are You Good At?)for what they are with laser sharp acuity.  Just by being in someone’s presence.  This is NOT judgment, mind you.  Not a catty sentencing at all.  It’s just this…knowing… a feeling deep down.  And in me ole’ age I have finally learned to LISTEN to and respect this gut feeling.  It has saved me a lot of wasted time and energy on people.  Sadly, my intuitions are often on the negative side.  Red flags and neck hairs raised.  Miles, the eternal optimist, says I see the worst in things at times.  Not true.  I consider myself a realist.  I try very hard to acknowledge the positives. But I HAVE learned to set that boundary of keeping that person at bay and protecting myself until I KNOW that they are in my life for a reason.   I am DONE taking in the toxic strays!  My hunny is the most forgiving, loyal and accepting person I know.  Almost to a fault because he gets hurt and so disappointed.  If only he could have a bit more of my 6th sense…. and I his sanguinity…

Well, la de Da!
4.  Overstimulation is VERY uncomfortable to me.  The radio is on, the kids are asking me a question, my husband is talking about his day, I’m cooking dinner……….AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!   Mama gets crabby.   And as much as I love parties and get-togethers, I often feel like I’ve been beamed to Japan when so many people are taking at once in a room.  Add music?  Fuggedabout it.  I literally can’t understand 85% of what is being said to me.  I always seek out a quiet place to re-charge my “battery” before diving back into the melee.
 
5.  Oh, and let’s not forget:  Monthly water retention + jeans = HELLS NO!!!!  Where are my yoga pants?!?!?