May 15, 2013

One day...

So today's prompt, of course, lands on a very atypical day.  I'm on "vacation", I'll be keeping Willa out of school today, and my mom is visiting.  We plan to take off soon on a little road trip to see some wild life.  I'll be posting photos and captions of our day, but I will also give an overview of a more typical Wednesday.

Liquid motivation....always in my favorite mug.


Willa starts her day with a lovely snuggle with me on the couch



Watching out our living room window to see what today's schizo weather will bring.  Currently it's vacillating between a socked in valley with freak snowfall and brightening skies with a bit of blue sky peeking through.   Hoping to take my mom to the Wildlife Conservation Center.

And we made it there.  Cute porky!!!!





Finally entered the modern age and got an iphone.  Been teaching myself how to operate the damn thing.
What to wear....what to wear?

Sisters watching a movie
 

A cab toast with my mom





Heading into town...loving the panorama setting!!!!
*Something is now SNAFU with Blogger's photo shit....my pics are out of order and I can't add captions...  So basically you are seeing our day at the Wildlife center, getting ready to go out to  grad dinner#1 for Dyl and stuffin' our bellies full.  A GREAT DAY!

An IDEAL Wednesday:
My Alarm goes off at 6:am.  I heave myself out of bed and cross the room to slap the bloody thing off.  Enough action to keep me awake and not heading back to the comfort of my warm bed.  First things first:  Pee, wash face, drink a pint or 2 of water, take my happy pill, turn on the computer, pour coffee, and plant myself on the couch for news gathering, FBing, writing and checking email.  I need this hour to slowly come out of my grogginess.  I usually wake up happy...just kinda out of it until I get a cup of hot java in my system.
Around 7-7:30 I go and rattle Willa's cage, fix our lunches and breakies, all the while herding a very distracted 9 year old out the door for school.  We are often runninl8.
On the ride in  I try to get the news from NPR, constantly turning down the sound because of the more disturbing news-Willa doesn't need to hear it.....I might as well just keep it off, then!!!!  I blow a kiss to Willa as she runs into school-she still blows one back :) -and head across town to the Middle Way Café-my office for an hour before I have to go to work.  On the way, I manage to curl my eyelashes and brush a little mascara on with out killing myself or anyone else(I wait for a light)so that I can jump right out of my car, get my 12 oz drip and settle in under great art to engage in creative stuff on my laptop.
9:45 hits and I head to work, hoping that I will have a full client load.  Otherwise, I'm sitting around reading my Nook or chatting with clients in the therapy room.  And not getting paid.
After work I down lunch on the way to the gym.  Hit the iron for an hour and intervals on the Stepmill.  Or I just opt for a good run or skate ski somewhere.  Shower nice-n-fresh and relaxed, throw some protein down my maw, and try to get in an errand or 2 before picking up Willa from school.  Seeing her makes me so happy.  Some days she is full of stories and ideas on the car ride home, some days she is quiet and contemplative.  Once home, I get her a snack and she either absorbs herself in play, and I check in on the internets or she and I do something together.  A walk, a game, and art project or just goofing around on the couch.  I try to catch up on laundry and chores...and tell myself how lame I am at that and how I HAVE GOT TO get Willa with the program of doing her own chores and am I so lame or what?  I like to put on some lively jazz while I cook dinner, sometimes we dance.  A perfect evening is when we are all home and sitting around the dinner table.  Me, Miles, Willa and Dylan....interrupting each other as we all try to spit out our day's events!
If I'm REALLY lucky and Dylan is home, SHE cleans up the dinner dishes!  Willa gets ready for bed, we read to her(currently it's Harry Potter #4), and once she's reading in her own bed, and Dylan has gone off to her room, Miles and I finally relax on the couch to snuggle and talk for awhile.  Sometimes we attempt to watch a movie.
Then it's off to bed to read a couple paragraphs before nodding off.  And/or stuff.