May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day, mamas!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful Mamas!  Thank you for being your dedicated, amazing, nurturing, compassionate selves!  We (and our partners) are blessed with the most difficult, important and rewarding job there is.  Honor it.
As both an adopter and an adoptee, I feel extra privileged that I was CHOSEN by both my mother and my eldest daughter.


I'm feeling very grateful that my mom is here with us today.  It's been years since we have spent a mother's day together!  This is a very tumultuous time in my life and I'm needing my mommy.  So glad she is here to share in some special events with us...Willa's birthday, Mother's Day, Dylan's graduation and grad/goodbye party....and she will be here when we deliver our little girl into the hands of the military...the last time she will be living under our roof. 
Can't breathe.

Photo by Mathew Crockett Photography

Today's prompt is "What do you miss?".  I'll keep it short since I have more important things going on today...

I miss my best friend like nobody's fuckin' business.  My soul sister.  There is just nothing like her...or the depth of our friendship.
I miss Montana and gardening with my best friend, my husband.  Solo soulful backpacking trips....
I miss my sweet dog terribly.
I miss my fat lovin' kitty cat.
I miss my step dad who truly took on the task of fathering me and was the best ever.
I miss the man my dad was back in the day.
I miss my grandma who was my biggest supporter and who taught me to find joy, wonder and solace in nature and in quiet.

...But I have SO terribly much to be happy and grateful for in the NOW.  So off I go into a lovely day with my family...lunch in town, sofa shopping, and a hike.