May 5, 2013

A blogger I adore

I have not been active in the tit for tat of the blogosphere for along time now.  There are only 24 hours in a day and I just don't put the time into reading blogs much anymore.  There are a few exceptional ones that I appreciate reading.....but as far as the "you comment on my blog and I'll comment on yours" thing goes, I'm not playing that game anymore.  When a blog entry really resonates with me I may be inclined to reply with gratitude, my own input, or questions.  But that's rare anymore. 

I can list a lot of fantastic blogs from the past...but I'm not even sure if they are still around!  A lot of those folks are now Facebook friends, so I haven't really perused their blogs of late.  The question of the day is "A Blogger I Adore".  Well, I know a woman new to blogging-only two posts-but I do adore her.  She is my daughter's teacher, Ms. Drinen.  She has been Willa's teacher from 1st grade and will be her teacher every year through 8th grade, as is the way of a Waldorf school.  Even to this day I feel a little sadness when I drop Willa off at school in the morning.  I STILL wish I could just spend my day with her at home exploring the world like we used to when she was little....   But I could not feel more grateful and blessed that my little girl walks into Suzanne's classroom every day.  There couldn't be a more wonderful teacher and environment for Willa.  I have watched her creativity, intellect, empathy, confidence and sense of wonder just flourish under Ms. Drinen in that last 3 years.  We have all witnessed Suzanne's fruition with this dynamic class as well.  As much as I wish I could freeze time,  I can't wait to watch this symbiotic evolution for the next 5 years!!!
Suzanne's Blog: BLESSINGS AND GRATITUDE
 
Ms. Drinen recently gathered us together to let us know that she had  been diagnosed with colon cancer.  A shock to us all.  A classroom of tearful parents and such a brave young woman.  Here is this dynamic, vibrantly healthy, playin' outside in the Alaska backyard, she's a yoga instructor! type, 31 years old who gets cancer?  It's one of those "Now, just what the FUCK??!" things.  But Ms. Drinen... she's going to be just fine.  Caught it early.  Hasn't metastasized.  Cutting it right outta there-adios fucker. And she will be fine.  Remember that weird intuition I mentioned a post or two ago?  It's not fair.  There's people out there who don't do a damn thing to take care of themselves and live a full healthy life.  Let the child perverts get cancer, right?  ....Sigh.  In the words of my wise elder daughter, "Everything happens for a reason".   I know....it has to be friggin' cancer, right?! 

I hope Ms. Drinen, a blogger I adore(who is blogging her journey with cancer), can feel all the love flowing to her from Alaska to St. Louis were she is with her family and getting the best medicine available.  We're sending highest wishes for a safe succinct surgery and NO need for chemo.  Feh.  Come home soon, Suzanne.  There's hikin' and dancin' to be had!  Can't WAIT to read your, "What I Did Last Summer" report in 4th grade!!!
 
Circle of love